Cacao 101 (Module 1): Cacao to chocolate value chain and the opportunity for the Philippines
You are watching Segment 1 of Cacao 101. We cut this module in 3 segments because we originally thought we could squeeze Cacao 101 into a 1.5 hours webinar but with so much valuable information needed to be shared, it stretched to about 2.5 hours.
Module Cacao 101 - Cacao to chocolate value chain and the opportunity for the Philippines;
Module Cacao 102 - Introduction to cacao production/farming; and
Module Cacao 103 - Introduction to chocolate-making, are part of Course 1.
Objectives of course 1 are, to:
1. understand the crucial role of Philippine cacao beans in the booming global chocolate industry
2. have a basic understanding of the cacao tree and the crop
3. gain an insight to the long value chain of the cacao industry
4. appreciate the chocolate-making process
5. decide which course he would like to proceed in